Welcome to the Library and Resources Page. Here you will find a list of tools, services, and books related to the business and craft of writing. Pull up a chair. Browse as long as you like. Our doors never close.
- The Writer’s Legal Guide (Murray and Crawford): A reference book about the legal and business aspects of the publishing industry.
- The Writer’s Legal Companion 3rd Edition (Bunnin and Beren): The complete handbook for the working writer.
- Kirsch’s Handbook of Publishing Law (Kirsch): A survey and discussion of the law that applies to the publishing industry.
- The Self-Publisher’s Legal Handbook (Sedwick): A step-by-step guide to the legal issues of self-publishing.
- The Self-Publisher’s Legal Handbook 2nd Edition (Sedwick): A step-by-step guide to the legal issues of self-publishing.
- The Copyright Handbook (Fishman): A guide for protecting written work via the copyright laws.
- The Copyright Permission and Libel Handbook (Jassin and Schechter): A step-by-step guide for writers, editors, and publishers.
- Kirsch’s Guide to the Book Contract (Kirsch): Designed to help a non-lawyer read, understand, and negotiate a book contract.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office: Trademark searches
- The Anatomy of Story (Truby): A technique book about the foundations of story.
- Manuscript Makeover (Lyon): A well-written book for novelists on how to edit and write well-crafted stories.
- The Scene Book (Scofield): A guide for crafting effective fictional scenes.
- Inside Story (Marks): A technique book for developing a screenplay or book through thematic intention.
- The Criminal Law Handbook (Bergman & Berman): A reference book about the criminal justice system.
- Criminal Law – A Desk Reference (Bergman): A quick guide for anything in criminal law from A to Z.
- Story Genius (Cron): A technique book for using brain science to go beyond outlining and write a riveting novel.
- Wired For Story (Cron): A technique book for using brain science to hook readers.
- Civil Litigation: Process and Procedures (Goldman & Hughes): A guide to the civil litigation system.
- The Anatomy of Story (Truby): A technique book with 22 steps to becoming a master storyteller.
- The Scene Book (Scofield): A technique book for crafting effective scenes.